Welcome to our forums! We are glad you are here.To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the list of categories below. You must be a registered Latado user and signed in before you can post a new topic or reply to a topic. It's important that you read our Guidelines, Terms and Conditions for Posting in the Latado Forums before using this forum. Thanks, and happy posting!
Go To

Food you should try when coming to VietNam !

Login and Reply topic Watch this topic
mstra
Post on: 09/09/2013 12:27 AM
Register: 09-08-2013
Topic: 4 - Posts: 23
Living in Vietnam is very exciting . Not only the scene , but also the food . I think food is a culture . It's like a sound of the Vietnamese soul . I want to share with you about some traditional foods that will make you feel so hard to forget when leaving Vietnam . 

The first traditional food I want to tell you is PHO . Pho  is a Vietnam noodle soup consisting of broth, linguine-shaped rice noodles,  a few herbs, and meat .It is a popular street food in Vietnam . and the specialty of a number of restaurant chains around the world. Pho is primarily served with either beef or chicken . Vietnamese eat Pho everytime they want : like a breakfast , lunch or even in dinner . you can find many restaurant . But , As I know , the most famous address is Pho Bat Dan . There's crowded with peoples and you have to wait around the front till they hand you the bowls . But dont let it bother you because you will know what's really Pho and Why It 's so popular in Vietnam ! 

http://www.latado.com/locations-in-hanoi/s210/pho-gia-truyen

mrhanh
Post on: 09/10/2013 02:30 AM Register: 09-08-2013
Topic: 1 - Posts: 7

Hi , I love Bun Cha Ha Noi . Its the first food I try when getting there . My friend told me " visiting Hanoi and eating Bun Cha should be classed as a capital offence " :D Bun cha is served with grilled fatty pork over a plate of white rice noodle and herbs with a side dish of dipping sauce . As I know the first Hanoi’s first bún chả restaurant was on Gia Ngư, Hoàn Kiếm District, in Hanoi's Old Quarter . But I have no chance to come here . But I try it at Bun Cha Dac Kim ( I found it here ( https://www.latado.com/locations-in-hanoi/s512/bun-cha-nem-cua-be-dac-kim ) . It's very good !

Bún chả is popular in the Northern region of Vietnam . In the South, a similar dish of rice vermicelli and grilled meat is called Bun Thit Nuong

gaube
Post on: 09/10/2013 08:31 PM Register: 09-10-2013
Topic: 5 - Posts: 19
How about " Banh Goi " ? It's so yummy !
simmie
Post on: 09/11/2013 12:48 AM Register: 09-08-2013
Topic: 4 - Posts: 25
I love Banh Goi too , I often eat them at Ly Quoc Su street , It nestled under a banyan tree near St Joseph Cathedral . There're vermicelli , mushrooms and moreish deep-fried pastries crammed with pork . This humble stall is very crowded so you have to wait . It looks like a mini pillow . So lovely
simmie
Post on: 09/11/2013 12:35 AM Register: 09-08-2013
Topic: 4 - Posts: 25

Looking this picture makes me feel hungry now . yummy lovely Banh Goi !:)

mrpillow84
Post on: 09/12/2013 11:51 PM Register: 09-08-2013
Topic: 5 - Posts: 31
Dont forget " Xôi " ! Xôi is the most popular traditional food after Pho .
kyo_kyo
Post on: 09/12/2013 11:14 PM Register: 09-10-2013
Topic: 1 - Posts: 8
What's XOi ? I've never tried before :*) What's made from ?
mrpillow84
Post on: 09/12/2013 11:48 PM Register: 09-08-2013
Topic: 5 - Posts: 31
Xoi is a sweet or savory Vietnamese dish made from glutinous rice and other ingredients. Although it is often served as a dessert, in many mountainous areas in Vietnam, like the indigenous hill tribe peoples of the central highlands and mountains in northern Vietnam, people eat xôi as a main dish. Xôi is a common on-the-go breakfast item, and a popular snack nationwide. Here some images for you to know it

All rights reserved © 2011 - 2013 Latado.com . All rights reserved.

Uploading...